Tuesday, January 1, 2013

30 Weeks!

I reached the 30 week mark on Sunday {OMG} and had my first wave of panic. Between the nursery, daycare, pediatrician, endless list of "stuff" to buy, and just the overall not knowing exactly what to expect is extremely overwhelming! Along with the panic, though, is ever-growing excitement! I will be holding my sweet girl in 10 weeks or less!

Progress:
I continue to be shocked every time I look in the mirror-22 extra pounds does not suit me well!! I passed my Glucose test, but my Hemoglobin was very low. So, now I get to take these lovely horse-sized Iron supplements that do not sit well on my stomach. I have a hard time sitting still for extended periods of time due to waves of nausea that have reappeared. I recently had to sit out a Panthers game and movies are a no-go. I'm dying to see Les Mis! Running gets harder by the week, but I'm still trucking along for a whopping 2 miles then some light weight lifting and lots of stretching. Not being able to exercise would take a serious toll on my mental health, so I really hope I don't reach that point. There's no doubt my discomfort is increasing with each passing day, but I'm keeping my eye on the prize!:)
Nursery:
We've made progress the last few weeks! Starting with the amazing wall stencil courtesy of Grandmama L.
I'm so thankful for such a talented mama! She spent 8 hours perfecting this wall and it turned out even better than I envisioned. She has also begun baby girl's dresser re-do. Here's a sneak peak.

I can.not.wait to see the finished product! We also ordered the crib we've had our eye on for a while now. It was a bit pricey but great quality and it will be the only bed we ever have to buy her! I'm waiting on a few more fabric samples to arrive so I can make my final decisions for the window treatments & crib bedding. We also need to find a bookcase and glider, but we're getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment