Wednesday, March 7, 2018

A Letter to My 5 Year Old...

All birthdays are emotional for me-the gift of another year but also a gut-wrenching reminder of just how fleeting time is. 
Five years ago you made me a mama, and I instantly knew my purpose in this life. "Five" just seems so significant. The clumsy, spastic toddler stage has come and gone. You are so smart, but I don't want you to know that because it's a natural gift not something you've had to work for yet. You are bossy yet nurturing and so very independent. You've got your mama's sense of style, actually you have A LOT of your mama in you, which is both endearing and a bit worrisome. You are my constant sidekick in the kitchen and as girly as they come. You do things on your terms when you're ready. You love Jesus and can sing every word to your favorite worship songs. It still surprises me that we have actual conversations and you can express your thoughts so articulately. And most importantly, you love the Clemson Tigers. So often I just stop and stare, trying to freeze the moments in my memory so I can forever remember this season. 
I love you to the ends of the Earth, Finlay Harper and thank God every.single.day for the gift of you.
Love, Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment